Intro to Karen Super Trader strategy automated trading system Part 1
Finally…after resorting back to .NET/C# with TWSLink2 with more stable functionality to Interactive Brokers API, I got partially developed. In this video below, I have:
1. Used IQFeed as my data provider to demo tick capture on SPY. I don’t use SPX since most cannot afford it but you can easily subscribe to this through IQFeed. You will only need to change the symbol name from SPY to SPX so very little code changing.
2. I demo this for just that, demoing only and testing. You could use this as code base as a roll model to tweak for your live trading needs.
3. You need to have a product like QCollector to update the file being watched which feeds in the market data into the C#.
4. Use TWSLINK2 as your wrapper to the unstable Interactive Brokers API
5. For this video, no database is used but that will be in part 2
6. Using the IQFeed API developer subscription, there are many options to stream LIVE market data into this C#program. This ranges from using a message queue like ZeroMQ or Redis, use a backend from a database or Excel with XLQ , or the simple method I demo. This method I show is probably the most stable, cheapest, and easiest to implement for newbies. I have introduces many of these options through by my Quant Elite membership.
Just remember what is introduces is a quick and dirty method to build a small automated trading system with real world market data using IQFeed and proper trading execution with a popular broker like Interactive Brokers.
Products and commercial services you need:
1. QCollector http://www.mechtrading.com/qcollector/dtn/download.htm
2 IQFeed with proper data subscription http://iqfeed.net/
3. TWSLink2 warpper access for Interactive Brokers API access http://www.trade-commander.com/twslink/twslink_en.htm
3. Interactive Brokers account https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/home.php
4. Free instance of PostGreSQL http://www.postgresql.org
The big benefit here is you own and control 100% all aspects of this system which does not sit on a remote server owned by others. You will be able own and control your sensitive trading intellectual property on the cheap as well.
All source code shown in is a Visual Studio 2013 solution project which is part of my Quant Elite Membership
Join my FREE newsletter to learn more about automated trading strategies like this
I now post my TRADING ALERTS
into my personal FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
. Don't worry as I don't post stupid cat videos or what I eat!