Huh? BlackRock uses Octave not Matlab in this job description?
BlackRock Solutions provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock’s asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides services to both BlackRock’s internal asset management team and a wide variety of best-in-class external clients.
• Model Development:
o Gather requirements and propose solutions to financial problems across various market segments including interest rates, credit, FX, equity derivatives etc.
o Implementation of solutions using C++, Perl, Octave and other software development tools as needed.
o Testing models to ensure quality.
o Deploying models into production ensuring that they are efficient and robust.
o Supporting production models and processes.
o Documentation and validation of models.
• Trouble-Shooting: Develop expertise in using our analytical tools. Aid in trouble-shooting to resolve issues under time constraints.
• Client Communication: Interface with both internal and external clients as needed.
• Maintenance: Help to maintain and support our existing models and processes.
• Strong analytical skills: We seek candidates with a degree in Math, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Finance; advanced degree is preferred.
• Aptitude for programming: Enthusiasm for programming and the ability to produce production quality C++ code are essential. Familiarity with OOP concepts is crucial.
• Knowledge of Finance: We seek candidates with 1-5 years of experience. It is expected that the candidate possesses solid knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of finance although candidates with no financial background with strong problems solving, math and software skills may be considered.
• Good communication skills: A fluent command of the English language is required.
• Other qualifications: The BlackRock culture is one of excellence, teamwork, integrity, and delivering results to our clients. Success in Financial Modeling requires creativity, team focus, ability to multitask and meticulous attention to detail.
BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY AT:https://blackrock.taleo.net/careersection/br_prof_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=30951
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES
I now post my TRADING ALERTS
into my personal FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
. Don't worry as I don't post stupid cat videos or what I eat!