I like the no agencies or recruiters at the end. This could be a trend for the better hopefully.
Bloomberg is the world’s most trusted source of information for businesses and professionals. Bloomberg combines innovative technology with unmatched analytic, data, news, display and distribution capabilities, to deliver critical information via the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service and multimedia platforms. Bloomberg’s media services cover the world with more than 2,200 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. The BLOOMBERG TELEVISION® 24-hour network delivers smart television to more than 240 million homes. BLOOMBERG RADIO® services broadcast via SIRIUS XM Radio and 1worldspaceTM satellite radio globally and on WBBR 1130AM in New York. The award-winning monthly BLOOMBERG MARKETS® magazine, Bloomberg BusinessWeek magazine and the BLOOMBERG.COM® financial news and information Web site provide news and insight to businesses and investors.
The Bloomberg Evaluated Price team (BVAL) provides mark-to-market pricing for over 2 million securities throughout the day. BVAL prices provide much needed transparency to the markets and give our clients unprecedented advantages in their portfolio valuation. The proprietary algorithms developed have been the results of a multi-year research project within Bloomberg. Bloomberg has a competitive advantage in algorithmic pricing due to the large amount of incoming data at our disposal and our industry leading analytics. The BVAL team is a fast-paced team of experts including quants, programmers and application and market specialists. This position is for the BVAL Quant team which is responsible for building the algorithms that drive the product.
* Research, implement and maintain mark-to-market pricing models for various securities including bonds and options.
* Work closely with the application and market specialists to produce models that capture the current state of the market as closely as possible.
* Work with application developers and market specialists on integration, testing and rollout of the product to clients.
* Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Finance or related field. A PhD is highly desirable.
* Hands-on experience with C/C++ Quantitative Development. Experience with MATLAB, Mathematica or R is a plus.
* Solid understanding of statistical, financial and econometric models, as well as estimation and calibration techniques.
* Strong problem formulation and problem solving skills with particular emphasis on ill-conditioned and loosely defined problems.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work in a multi-team environment.
* Experience with handling large scale data sets.
* Proven track record of working in a fast-paced real-time delivery environment.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES SHOULD APPY AT : http://careers.bloomberg.com/hire/jobs/job24329.html
NO AGENCIES OR PHONE CALLS
I now post my TRADING ALERTS
into my personal FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
. Don't worry as I don't post stupid cat videos or what I eat!