Demo to stream Excel XLQ forex data into Matlab via FREE Yahoo Finance
This is pretty awesome and very very flexible but powerful for lazy people like me
Record your Excel macro
Start MATLAB from within the Excel Add in (see next link but can be automated)
Work with the Microsoft Visual Basic Editor
To enable Spreadsheet Link EX as a Reference in the Microsoft Visual Basic® Editor:
1. Open a Visual Basic session.
• If you are running Excel 2003, select Tools > Macro > Visual Basic Editor.
• If you are running Excel 2007 and later, click the Visual Basic button on the Developer tab, or press Alt+F11.
Note: For instructions about displaying the Developer tab, see Excel Help.
2. In the Visual Basic toolbar, select Tools > References.
3. In the References — VBA Project dialog box, select the SpreadsheetLinkEX or SpreadsheetLink2007_2010 check box.
4. Click OK.
VBA Code under Developer-Edit macro with automated scheduling every x seconds with refresh!:
' FXUpdateMatlab Macro
' This runs FX check on list to populate into MATLAB
‘run every x seconds with refresh ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77908
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue(“00:00:10”), “FXUpdateMatlab”
MLPutMatrix “a”, Range(“A6:C13”) ‘http://www.mathworks.com/help/exlink/work-with-matlab-functions-in-microsoft-excel.html#bq8llit-1
Schedule the Macro to automatically run every x seconds or minutes via
Join my FREE if you are interested in learning other tricks with Matlab and Excel
I now post my TRADING ALERTS
into my personal FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
. Don't worry as I don't post stupid cat videos or what I eat!