My New Years Resolutions for 2015 Lessons learned in automated algorithmic trading in 2014
After 5 years doing this:
My New Year’s Resolutions for 2015, What I learn to be a better automated trader in 2014?
- I hate people with small minds
You know, those that say, yah butt, what about the drawdowns, etc.
- I hate lazy people
They cannot turn on a computer but wanna become HFT masters in 5 hours.
- I don’t respect people who cannot innovate
Dear God, open up the gates this one will be up in a second.
- I am not very good with those who like to be in a bubble, denial, or expect to be millionaires next days via some push button technology
Yeh no wonder you are at the bottom of the gutter looking up from the bottom.
- I don’t handle leeches/FREEtards and open source tree hugging hipsters who expect everything for free
Please seek a job at Microsoft to really know how it really works in the software business.
- No I don’t want to work with/for you because you will throw me $50k or more to manage
My you are an important little person aren’t you? Maybe I will save you trouble, we ain’t gonna get along. All in all, go find yourself another poodle to kick around ‘cause I ain’t that dumb
Here is what I will focus on for 2015:
- Work with best of class technologies regardless if open source or commercial
Believe me, I have studied and tested the marjoity of them. If they work for you, awesome. Please leave me alone as I don’t want to get into another life sucking tech flame war. Neither do I want to waste my time in offroading languages like R or Python. They’re fun but it is time to get down to business in 205. I missed way to many trading opportunities over the years because of this.
- Encircle myself with positive minded people who don’t hold me back
You know those that take on risk who want to take on 50% return on bets with 5x or 10x returns instead of measly 5%. In short: No risk no glory
- Encircle myself with people that WIN!
Not the typical people who talk about masturbating on lonely Fridays nites but care about scoring with the chickie. Not talkers, not speculators, not dreamers, etc.
- Encircle myself with highly motivate and innovative people
NOW MOST OF ALL FOR ALL THOSE LOST SOULS WHO WANT TO MAKE IT IN TRADING THE LAZY WAY VIA THAT MAGIC BULLET PUSH BUTTON TECHNOLOGY
(but bless your little hearts)
- Refuse to help those who ask the lamest questions where should be researching themselves on high level tasks. I.e. What is HFT? How do I use it? Blah blah. The polite answer: Google is your friend. The nasty SWEAR FREE answer: Buzz off
- Refuse so called advanced degree lazy students or interns constantly asking for help on their assignments
- MOST IMPORTANTLY! Yeh I know, I am a horrible typist. Yah I know, I don’t make those George Lucas quality videos. Stick with me, I have more important things to focus on. If not, see point 5 above.
I feel better now so let’s all have a wunderbar positive minded productive successful 2015 and the leave the weak ones behind.
NOTE I now post my TRADING ALERTS into my personal FACEBOOK ACCOUNT and TWITTER. Don't worry as I don't post stupid cat videos or what I eat!