Automated trading tips from Trading Show NYC
Big thanks to the NYC Contact for sending this
The Trading Show NYC 2015 Summary:
This was the best trading show out of the three I went to!
The Triple Crown of Technology
Once basic infrastructure is in place
the focus is on getting as close to zero as possible
1) Zero Cost
2) Zero Latency
3) Zero Time to Market
1) P/L + Max Drawdown
2) Cash Flows from long term trading activity
3) Discounted Cash Flows from long term trading activity
Tiered Data Pipeline
L1 Cache -> L2 Cache -> L3 Cache -> Memory -> SSDs -> Spinning Disks
Avoid backup in Data Pipline by using 8K circular queues that are cleaned at the speed necessary
to keep them empty (using multi-threaded cleanup code)
XPoint Tech as the next high speed storage after DRAM Flash (PCI-V3.0 SSD)
Merchant Silicon (Run on bare metal switches) vs x86 Architecture (Run on OS)
Speed Improvement in separation of concerns techniques
VMs -> Containers -> Binaries
AMPS -> Streaming DB with Filtering Capabilities
Kafka -> Subscriber Model/No Filtering
Kernel Bypass Technique:
Turn UserSpace Kernel into Packet Processor
to accelerate overall networking speed.
Tick Timestamp Issues:
1) Time Granularity
2) Time Synchronization across different markets
Trading Strategy Evaluation:
1) Does the algorithm mirror the trading strategy?
2) Does it minimize trading cost?
3) Max Alpha
4) P/L Stability
1) 2^N Total Solution Space where N is the total number of qbits
2) Superposition of the QBit (bit is both zero and one at the same time)
3) Quantum Entanglement -> Probability Distribution describes
how many and which qbits are affected.
4) Quantum Tunneling -> Can tunnel through 3D Landscape or Volatility Surfaces
1,000 qbit CPU yields 2^1000 solution space
Multiple parameter optimization problem must first be converted to a
binary optimization problem before the Quantum Computer can solve it.
Brute force simple binary algorithm which is great for differential evolution optimization
FACEBOOK ACCOUNT and TWITTER. Don't worry as I don't post stupid cat videos or what I eat!