I have no idea why I push this ‘crud’ but it has something to do with a flakey Interactive Brokers API in Java. TWSLink2 on Windows seems to work ok for now. But I digress, now you know about the attempts of easy development on Windows 10
Is this FREE source code in Matlab a good starting point to learn technical analysis retail trading for newbies?
From free, I call this pretty impressive for those retaill type traders who want to learn the backend of the technical analysis trading system
This UI driven application allows users to
– load time series data from several sources (yahoo, MATLAB, etc…) depending on which MATLAB toolboxes the user is licensed for.
– calculate and display several of the simpler technical analysis indicators.
(Generally indicators that only require one time series for their calculation, i.e. not those requiring open, close, high and low time series’ data.)
– zoom and analyze different time periods of data
– export the results back to MATLAB
The application was written some time ago, however it has just been updated to make use of the timeseries object in MATLAB R2006a.
(It should be backwards compatible with earlier releases of MATLAB.)
Its primary purpose is to demonstrate some of MATLAB’s UI building capabilities.
Hence the reason for only including a small subset of available technical indicators.
More complex indicators may be added at some time in the future.
See the ReadMe file for setup and usage information.
Honest feedback for us HFT and quant wannabee newbies
From a newsletter subscriber:
Just some feedback. I LOVE receiving your updates that outline what you are working on.
1) However, there is NEVER a link to the membership area either in your emails NOR on your site. I ALWAYS have to look it up, which is extremely frustrating.
2) I also HATE you pop-up on the site. I have dual wide-screen screens and I have to go ‘full-screen’ to close your pop up. I would think you would be able to install a cookie that would recognize people who have viewed your site and NOT continually pop up.
3) the organization of your material is frustrating. I would think you would have a better method of organizing it. When I have to scroll around, it makes things frustrating.
Just some loving feedback. Hopefully not offensive to you.
You are absolutely correct on your views. I appreciate that. The site sections will be massively revamped in coming weeks to address everything you mention. It will be more unified and simpler. Thanks again
Can all quant newbies hear my videos OK on custom HFT building model, algo, and strategies and trading platforms?
I got this from a reader:
I’d love to join your member community. However, when I watched your videos on youtube, the voice is always in low volume, almost cannot hear it. This is a big concern. If your videos in the member area are always made in this low quality, I can hardly learn anything from your service.
Can you address this issue?
I replay all my videos back and never seen this problem. I play it back on an iPad and regular desktop through a head set and speaker set up. Does any one else have this problem? If so, comment below: