I am sure you heard about this China spy chip hacking on the server hardware level. It seems the hardware manufactures decided to leave a vulnerability on their motherboard which was for convenience. Read this article to see how it was to hack in like China did. I find it quite interesting how this vulnerability existed since 2013 but nothing was done to patch it!
The spy chip could have been placed electrically between the baseboard management controller (BMC) and its SPI flash or serial EEPROM storage containing the BMC’s firmware. Thus, when the BMC fetched and executed its code from this memory, the spy chip would intercept the signals and modify the bitstream to inject malicious code into the BMC processor, allowing its masters to control the BMC.
Step-by-Step webinar : How to Use TradeLog for 2013 Trader Tax Reporting
This webinar event will teach you how to use TradeLog to generate accurate trader tax reporting for 2013 tax year. We will start with Step 1 of our user guide and guide you through the end, to Step 8. Learn about each of the key steps for using TradeLog successfully, and receive tips and best practices along the way. This training will benefit new TradeLog users as well as those who have used the software in past years.
Here are your simple New Year’s Resolutions for 2013.
1. Gee build that HFT platform your always wanted to do. It ain’t hard. Hahaha right?
2 Declare Matlab as your only girl friend. Learn her potential to change your life literally.
3. Build beautiful models from your new girl friend which will be built using the world’s fastest language.
I know it sounds sexual but it ain’t so get your mind out of the gutter please.
4. Use your distinctive models to show profit in what could be the most explosive year the markets have ever known to man. Remember corporations have trillions sitting on the sidelines waiting for clarity from those bozos in Washington.
5. Register your new found profit potential into a magical fund so that your well connected capital providers will bend at their knees.
6. Increase your Sharpe Ratio to make any Goldman Sach manager partner jealous. Screw those piddley million plus bonuses.
7. Oh yeah, join QuantLabs.net Premium Membership before the prices get to a point you no longer can afford or even becomes private to be ‘by invite only’