Questions for: Oh me oh my so programming languages for automated trading and quant Which one?
Questions for tonight:
1. Who is using Python exclusively for trading with executions? Do you worry about speed and execution? How do you overcome it? i.e. Which packages help here?
2. How many believe in a potential Java/Erlang/Python or R development stack for end to end trading with exceution? Do some think this could address weaknesses of Pythoon exclusively?
3. How many develop with Microsoft Windows .NET stack for complete end to end trading ? Any issues to be aware outside of typical licensing?
4. Anyone using Linux technologies completely including desktop with no desire for Windows technologies? Why not? If vice versa, why you stick with Windows exclusively?
5. Anyone using R for prototyping or researching trading ideas? How does it compare to Python or Matlab in your view? Any unique advantages? Has anyone considered using F# for this|?
5. Which languages are people using to concurrency, parallelism or multithreading use? Any one harnessing the power of CUDA or GPU like technologies?
6. Who is using C++ for any part of the trading system? At what point and for what unknown reason outside of speed? Anyone using it for low level usage with taking advantage of Linux power and advantages? I.e. High frequency trading? C++ to be addressed further Dec 22?
7. Anyone using FPGA deployment solutions? If so, how do you author the algorithm?
8. Database users on the client side? Who uses what to connect to? What advantages does your this technical stack bring? (further discussion Dec 8)
9. Has anyne moved onto Java 8? Can anyone confirm speed enhancements as compared to previous versions? Anyone leveraaging the use of lambda calls?
Login id for 7PM tonight:
Meeting ID: 514-648-837
Note: There is no public video playback other than for members of:
NOTE I now post my TRADING ALERTS into my personal FACEBOOK ACCOUNT and TWITTER. Don't worry as I don't post stupid cat videos or what I eat!