Have you seen this insane laundry list for a forex algo trading fund with pie in the sky technical and industry experience
This is why I will never a have job in this business. The pay alone would not pay for the stomach pills of ulcers this job would bring.
Algo Quant Researcher/Trader
Salary: GBP 80,000 + discretionary bonus
Atlantis Capital Management is in the process of creating Quantitative-based strategies within the firm. We are looking to hire a Senior Quant who can help with Quantitative Research, Quantitative Analytics and Quantitative Development.
The candidate will work with the firm directors in the testing and creation of quant strategies which will be rolled out into funds. Specifically the firm is looking to roll out a Global Equity Value Fund and an FX algorithmic trading fund (not HFT).
The ideal candidate would have worked as a Quant researcher/trader in a hedge fund or investment bank and has experience in creating and implementing algo-based trading strategies.
– A Masters or a PhD in finance, statistics, math, physics or computer science is strongly preferred along with 3+ years of work experience
– Candidate must be licensed by the FCA
– Expert knowledge of Portfolio Theory and asset allocation models
– 3+ years of work algorithmic and market research and development in equities
– Thorough knowledge of US equity market structure
– Extensive knowledge of Matlab, Excel, SQL
– Knowledge of C++ or Java
– Experience analysing market data: both real time and historical
– Candidate must have proven ability to create, develop and maintain algorithmic trading strategies