QuantNet, Baruch College, and Andrew Sheppard of Fountainhead are very pleased to announce the launch of a new Big Data in Finance Massive Online Open Course.
Everyone talks about Big Data; in this course, you will actually learn how to use Big Data to enhance your career or start a new career in finance. The course is taught by a leading Big Data in finance practitioner and designed for current and future practitioners.
This is a 4-month Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) with an Open Access component for 10,000 participants, and a Professional Access component providing access to real-world financial data and high performing computing resources, dedicated teaching assistants, and direct interaction with the instructor.
Course topics at a glance:
- Data Programming – Prepare your data. This covers all the practical aspects of cleaning, storing, updating and managing Big Data.
- Data Insights – Know your data. This is where data manipulation and visualization tools come in.
- Data Analysis – Profit from the data. This shows you how, using cutting-edge examples.
- Data Project – Bring everything together in a practical hands-on project.
For detailed course syllabus, Open Access vs Professional Access, and to Sign Up for Open Access, visit
- November 19, 2013 – Sign Up for Open Access component opens.
- December 15, 2013 – pre-requisite materials, Part 1, posted online.
- January 15, 2014 – pre-requisite materials, Part 2, posted online.
- February 15, 2014 – pre-requisite materials, Part 3, posted online.
- March 15, 2014 – Sign Up for Professional Access component opens.
- April 16, 2014 – Big Data in Finance classes begin.
Sign Up for Open Access quantnet.com/bigdata