This is the crappy pay you get as an experienced quant developer in C++ Java and Python in this Toronto position
I say: don’t do it as they will bully you out of your existence. They also want you to know all three major programming languages.
Don’t ask me for the contact!
Join me as I make more $ then pocket change. Join my FREE newsletter to learn more!
Please review the position description below and forward an updated resume if you feel you are both qualified and available. If not, please forward to any suitable candidate:
Title: Quantitative Developer
Location: Downtown Toronto,ON
Duration: 6 months
Hourly Rate: $55-$60
Senior Developer responsible for Margin calculators development in Prime Brokerage Margin and Risk Technology to support PB Risk and Enterprise Risk functions.
• Implement new features on the Python platform
• Implement new features in C++ on Windows and Linux platforms
• Debug existing C++ code and fix problems
• Debug existing Java code and fix problems
• Enhance existing Python code
• Produce documentation of code, testing and functionality
• 2+ years Python experience
• Solid knowledge of fundamentals of C++ programming language and object-oriented facilities in C++(3+ years)
• 2+ years Java developer experience
• Experience with Unix script programming (Shell, Perl, etc)
• Experience with Visual Studio and SQL Server an asset
• Ability to learn and work productively within an established codebase and debug existing code
• Willingness to learn new technologies and apply the best tools suited for particular tasks
• Excellent communication skills
• Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
• Sense of urgency and effectiveness in stressful situations
• Team player mentality
• Minimum: Undergrad degree in Computer Science or related discipline