Hi there, Bryan from Quantlabs.net here.
I’ve just posted a new video about why I switched from Matlab to R.
You see, based upon the Parallel ComputingToolbox, it would’ve cost me upwards of $100,000 including licensing fees to parallelize my model scripts within a cluster. Wow! The licensing fees would have killed me.
That’s a major reason why I switched. Because unless you’ve got a spare six-figure sum stuck somewhere in your sofa cushions, $100,000 is a lot to pay just to get in the quant trading door.
That’s why I’ve posted a new R video demo that shows you:
* how to parallelize for free and with no upper limits of cluster server slaves, and
* how to accelerate by a factor of at least 2x by expediting your trading model/algorithm simulations — this is critical for fast simulation and fast calculation!
So I’m using NOSQL open source solutions with R code walk-throughs these days. It’s much less expensive. And it’s the next generation in computing — also referred to as Big Data Analytics. All the big software vendors are doing it!
This new way of thinking is giving traders like you an edge. And all my demos are designed to to ensure you’re not left behind as trading moves towards automated algorithm-based computer training.
Other video walkthroughs I’ve completed include Bayesian analysis … Monte Carlo simulations … Moving Average analysis … Markov Chains … Autoregressive (AR(1)) and GARCH forecasting … ARIMA forecasting … Pairs Trading … and more!
And don’t forget all the new stuff that’s going live right now or within the next few weeks:
1. A new Q&A section for building community. Just press Q? or Q’s at the top of the Private section to get started. If you’re working on something and need an answer from another member (or me), we can all help each other out.
2. Membership webinars are under way. I’ll send out a schedule once they’re set.
3. More and more R/Matlab model coding walkthroughs have been posted. These include the most popular techniques you’ve asked for after I sifted through recent poll results.
4. The best trading platform has been finally confirmed so look out for demos on integrating with R for the new models.
5. Demos will be shown for our upcoming private network with an internal cluster for parallelizing heavy number crunching simulations within these models.
6. After that, an exhausting comparison will be under way to focus on most profitable models.
7. And finally, we’ll be embarking upon an aggressive paper trading campaign with the above technology and models once built.
Join today, and you’ll get it all for a ridiculously low $42.50 a month. Time is money, and you’ll save yourself many, many hours by watching my tutorials, using my R code, and learning what exactly what to do with each algorithm and model.
— > Get immediate access here. <–
“Those that know, don’t tell. Until now.”