Wow!! More awesome Active Quant feature like backtesting, download data, live trading.
Alternative way: using the sample apps from AQ
Use eclipse, choose new project and check out activequant-all or just some sub-modules from anonymous cvs, either choose a tagged version or HEAD.
When all is set up, you are ready to run the applications in src/application/… In there you’ll find :
* SimpleLiveRunner – this one trades live through IB or paper broker, is configurable, ask on list.
* SimpleBacktester – this one backtests a trade system with data from yahoo, is configurable, ask on list.
* SimpleOptimizer – this one brute force optimizes a trade system’s parameters and finds the best ones, is configurable, ask on list.
* HistoryDownloader, to download data from a source and store it to a data sink (ie. database)
* various tests, i.e. charting tests, IB connectivity tests, etc.
* etc. the code base changes from time to time