Subject: What's better than Matlab ... and free?
Did you know there are some great R packages (same as Matlab toolboxes) for model, algo, and strategy development?
Right now I'm revealing R source code samples that mimic my Algo Course metrics and models. Consider this Phase 2 of the course. And Phase 2 is even better than Phase 1:
* R is open source -- it's a zero dollar investment for you as opposed to thousand$ with Matlab
* My R development and tools appear to be working even better than inside the Matlab environment. I can even develop remotely on my iPad!
So what happens now? I'm building a new quant infrastructure which will populate a large Redis (NOSQL database) cluster for further market data analysis. More details on my Youtube channel here:
Update: As I work on my models, it appears I'll be implementing a paper trading mode phase very shortly. I'm already hooked up with my favorite LMAX and IQFeed for data.
See where it all goes as a Premium Member:
And view all Membership benefits here:
P.S. Check out my new R blog at quantlabs.net/r-blog for more of my progress in R.
Get Matlab 2011a Coder Toolkit Generating Visual Studio 2010 Express DLLs With C++ Source Code
Are we speaking YOUR language?
- R models developed, more advanced and simpler than Matlab. Surprised? I am
- I demo how to bridge a Matlab M script function into my open source HFT trading platform for live trading using strategies within Matlab
- Overview of QuantLabs.net free sections for a quant job, research paper, software, source code in Java,C++, Matlab, Python
- Youtube video how to build historical database for backtesting with Yahoo market data, Matlab, and free MYSQL
- Matlab is it for pure quant development. Be Matlab centric instead of C++ or Java