A query about the Meetup.com/quant-finance group:
I am new to this group and I was wondering if there are any plans to start a series on quant techniques that can be used somewhere in the life cycle of quantitative analysis and the development of a trading strategy. Concepts such as PCAs, OLS etc.. it can be simple and more advanced (copulas and dynamic linear models for instance).
I'm not mathematician so I often struggle with the more advanced math concepts but I definitely want to learn more.
Please feel free to chime in and make suggestions. I look forward to networking and interacting with all of you.
I just finished my developing my algo course but I am no mathematician either. Also, I plan to do one more tech infrastructure meetup soon. From there, it may focus on purely on algos and starts which there is little talk of. You can get tech stuff everywhere these days. I hope this helps.
Get Your Algo Trading Edge Right Here, Right Now
- Time to implement first trading strategy for intra day time series tick data, using cointegration quant analytics algo
- MATLAB Econometrics Toolkit: My GARCH highlight picks for forecasting time series model with time series
- Quant analytics: Decent document on Introduction to Time Series PDF
- Quant analytics: How many samples do you need to make a decent forecast of time series 1 step ahead ?
- Todays Meetup at 5pm EST How to properly model time series data and to forecast